By by Rev. O. Hanson.
Read or Download A grammar of the Kachin language PDF
Best language & grammar books
This ebook examines intimately the acceptability prestige of sentences within the following 5 English buildings, and elucidates the syntactic, semantic, and sensible specifications that the buildings needs to fulfill for you to be safely used: There-Construction, (One’s) means building, Cognate item building, Pseudo-Passive development, and Extraposition from topic NPs.
This paintings goals to supply proof to validate elements of Hirtle's idea (1982). except the assurance given to it within the grammars, quantity in English nouns has got rather little consciousness, in particular within the quarter of theoretical concerns. Guided via the foundations of psychomechanics, Hirtle positioned forth a reasonably tricky idea of quantity in English nouns.
The hot prior has obvious an expanding curiosity in iconicity in particular between linguists. This assortment places the interdisciplinary examine of iconic dimensions (comprising what has been termed ‘imagic iconicity’, in addition to ‘diagrammatic iconicity’, i. e. iconicity of a extra summary and not more semiotic sort) at the map, paying targeted awareness to using iconicity in literary texts.
Eightvo, publisher's forums, dustwrapper, xxiii, 405pp. strong to first-class: dusty forums with mild put on, strong hinges/joints, fresh textual content, no markings, yet occasional marginal spots, ghost of a price-sticker to front pastedown; small tears and side put on to dustwrapper.
- Practical Argument: A Text and Anthology
- A Performance Theory of Order and Constituency (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Idiomatic Creativity: A cognitive-linguistic model of idiom-representation and idiom-variation in English (Human Cognitive Processing)
- Understanding International Sign: A Sociolinguistic Study (Gallaudet Sociolinguistics)
Additional info for A grammar of the Kachin language
383–438). New York: Academic Press. , Simonot, M. and Broeder, P. (1996). Achieving Understanding: Discourse in Intercultural Encounters. London: Longman. Carroll, S. (1999). Putting “input” in its proper place. Second Language Research, 15(4), 337–388. (2000). Input and Evidence: The Raw Material of Second Language Acquisition. Amsterdam: John Benjamins. (2005). Input and SLA: Adults’ sensitivity to different sorts of cues to French. Language Learning, 55, 79–138. (2012). Segmentation on ﬁrst exposure to an L2: Evidence for knowledge-driven, top-down processing.
3. Jeg er så redd for å møte ensomhet som på mange ganger _____ (så, før, tidlig, på). 4. Jeg har vært i Norge _____ (i, for, på, da) ﬂere måneder, og trenger ei jente. 5. Hun vil ikke diskriminere noen _____ (for, en, på, i) grunn av farge. REFERENCES Bates, E. and MacWhinney, B. (1981). Second language acquisition from a functionalist perspective: Pragmatic, semantic, and perceptual strategies. In H. ), Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences Conference on Native and Foreign Language Acquisition (pp.
MacWhinney, B. (2001). The competition model: The input, the context, and the brain. In P. ), Cognition and Second Language Instruction (pp. 69–70). Cambridge University Press. Manne, G. (1990). Ny i Norge. Oslo: Fag og Kultur. , and Clahsen, H. (2005). Gaps in second language sentence processing. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 27(1), 53–78. Musumeci, D. (1989). The ability of second language learners to assign tense at the sentence level: A cross-linguistic study. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.